10 Signs My Girlfriend Is A Lesbian
If you’re questioning your girlfriends sexuality, here are 10 signs your girlfriend is a lesbian. It should be noted that many women are “curious” about having a same sex experience and many women (especially in their late teens and twenties) experiment with their sexuality. However, this does not necessarily mean that your girlfriend is a lesbian.
- Your girlfriend doesn’t like sex. If your girlfriend is a lesbian, she probably won’t enjoy having sex with you. Granted, there are many other reasons that people don’t enjoy sex, such as medical conditions and sexual inexperience. But if your girlfriend just doesn’t like sex with men, she is probably a lesbian.
- Your girlfriend has had very few relationships. If your girlfriend is 25 for example, and you are her first boyfriend, it could be that she is a lesbian. Ask your girlfriend about her past relationships. If she has never had boyfriends it could mean that she is a lesbian. Of course, it could mean various other things, but most adults have relationships in their late teens and early twenties.
- Your girlfriend identifies with gay culture a little bit too well. It is great if your girlfriend is an activist for gay rights, but if she becomes too active, it could be a sign that your girlfriend is a lesbian. If your girlfriend’s favorite TV series is “the L Word” and she wears the American Apparel “legalize gay” shirts and she spends all of her time at LBTQ meetings…well you get the idea.
- Your girlfriend has sleepovers. If your girlfriend has sleepovers with her girlfriends and she is not in high school, it could be a sign that she is a lesbian. Again, there are always exceptions. If your girlfriend’s best friend lives out of town or if your girlfriend got drunk and couldn’t drive home, these are logical reasons for having a sleepover.
- She hates getting dressed up. Of course there are many women who are lesbians who love getting dressed up and who have a very “girly” style. It is less common for straight women to dress in a masculine way (i.e. never wearing make-up, always wearing baggy clothing) because typically they are trying to attract men.
- Most of her friends are male. People who are gay often befriend people of the opposite sex. In many cases people who are gay feel more comfortable with the opposite sex, as they feel more comfortable with people they are not sexually attracted to. If your girlfriend feels shy and uncomfortable around other women, it is possible that she is a lesbian
- Your girlfriend checks out other women. While most women check out other women, they are usually comparing themselves with the other women. If your girlfriend is lusting after women the same way that you would, it means something different different. It could be a sign your girlfriend is a lesbian.
- Your girlfriend wears sleeveless shirts. This doesn’t mean tank tops of camisoles. If your girlfriend is wearing sleeveless shirts, or T-shirts with the sleeves cut off, it is quite possible she is a lesbian. While this is somewhat of a stereotype, it is true that you just don’t see many straight women in sleeveless shirts.
- Your girlfriend’s family is conservative. When people grow up in homes that don’t accept homosexuality, they are more likely to try to have heterosexual partners. People who don’t feel like they will be accepted have a more difficult time “coming out.” People who have been raised to believe that homosexuality is “bad” will also have a more difficult time admitting it to themselves.
- Your girlfriend deletes her Internet history. Many people who are in the closet “test the waters” with the Internet. Maybe your girlfriend is looking at lesbian porn or spending time on dating sites. Many heterosexual women look at lesbian porn as well, but they don’t generally hide it.